Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Super 8 Mag Film Recorders

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I managed to get a few reels of Super 8 Fullcoat Mag Film. However I am unsure of where or what type of Super 8 Mag Film Recorder to get. I understand there are ones by Sony, Tandberg, and Uher. Is anyone familiar with these or where to get one?

    Justin

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Alain Laroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry, I don't have any information on mag film recorder since I'm looking myself for one, but if i get any info on that, I'll tell you. But i have a question. How did you manage to get super-8 fullcoat mag film? I heard there's only some in Great britain? Is that true? I really needs some, so if you could help me on that it would help me a lot.

    Thanks, Alain

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2000
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What the hell is super8 fullcoat mag film?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's Magnetic Film that's the size of Super 8 Film with the same perforations. You use it to edit your audio track to later synchronize to the film. The equipment I have found to use with this call originated from Super8 Sound in California. The was the "Super8 Sound Recorder I," the "Super8 Sound Recorder II," and the "Mag IV Recorder." I assume there is a III somewhere but I have never heard of it. Super8 Sound was selling and renting the Mag IV recorder up until around the mid 90's. If anyone knows anywhere that I can get some of this equipment I'd love to hear it.


  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really like the fact that you guys are trying to stay on Super8--I would love to myself. However, no matter how much I don't want to admit it Super8 is only good for gathering images--you must go to 16mm, 35mm or video(for distribution) if you really want your film to go anywhere.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A agree . . . currently. But I'd like to think if some of us try make super 8 into a viable medium for feature films, it may become that once again. Of course having more places to sound strip film would help.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member chrust19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2000
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    AMEN!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I will keep my eyes out and hopefully you will do it. Good Luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •